WoW Insider’s addon columnist recently posted about a bag addon that intrigued me – AdiBags. What interested me was how it stashed things based on what they were, and had many ways of doing this, so many needs could be met.
While my old standby, Shefki’s TBag, was still working just fine, it had one annoying lack: I could not get it to sort items by level. Some of the alts have huge piles of equipment stored up against future leveling and it’s always a chore to pick out the right ones when they achieve a new level.
Adibags not only sorted items in descending order by level, but it broke them up by type as well.
Having seen this, I went to give this new toy a run for a couple of weeks. And it went well, until tonight.
Tonight, I needed to find something, and realized that AdiBags did not support the crucial feature of searching all your alts on a server for items. As you have no doubt guessed, TBag supports this, and more. It’ll let you look at your bank (non-interactively) from anywhere. It’ll let you look at somebody else’s bags (your alts, that is) as well as their banks. It’ll search them and highlight what it finds, and dump a report into the chat pane.
- It doesn’t label the categories
- It doesn’t have as many useful categories
- It does not collapse multiple stacks down to one slot (including empty slots)
- It is not as easy to change out bags.
- It doesn’t seem to support filtering by category
AdiBags’ deficits are:
- It does not allow for comprehensive search across alts
- It does not allow you to view alts’ bags and banks
- The bottom bar is a little busy (but nice attempt)
- The overall view is sometimes difficult to get your head around.
Those last two are subjective, I realize and fully cop to.
At the end of the day, the lack of search is pretty hard to get around once you need it. On the other hand, there is little missing in TBag that I cannot live without. If I absolutely must have the sorting feature, I’ll just turn it on when I need it. Easy enough to do.
Both of these tools are outstanding, both are currently supported, both are good to go with MoP on the horizon. I have my preferences, but I really don’t see much of a downside to either.