In the past few days you may have noticed that whatever tool you use to download the "realm-specific" version of The Undermine Journal addon (that contains auction data specific to you realm) has stopped working. If you had the means, you might have discovered that instead of an HTTP "200" response (meaning all is well) it returned a "402" response (meaning "payment required"). If you were using my little automated update tool, you would be one of those people.
Fortunately, there is an easy remedy. All you have to do is go to the "realm specific" page and download it directly, ONCE, to prove you are still alive. The author of TUJ and its addon flipped a switch somewhere so as to shake out any robots that are not actually connected to humans.
So, simple instructions.
- Go to The Undermine Journal
- Select your realm
- Click on SITE in the title bar
- Click on "WoW Addon".
- Log in using whatever account you would normally use there.
- Scroll down to "Addon Download"
- Select whatever realm(s) you are interested in.
- Copy the URL of the "Download Your Addon Here" link (in FireFox, it’s right-click and then "copy link location")
- Save the link you copied – you’ll need it later. I usually use a Windows7 post-it.
- Left-click on that link and download the file – you can use it or not.
Now, if you’re using my little automation script, you need to go open it up in your favorite text editor, and change the line that has the URL that you used previously, and replace it with the one that you just recently copied. After that, all should be well.